The Lives And Times Of A Quilter's Cats

Random thoughts of three or four cats and I about the importance of wearing slippers if you happen to share your home with a quiltmaker who drops pins, and other similar and related nonsense, from fabric to gardening and of course, about the cats who inspire all this madness. En inglés y en español.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Isn't She Lovely?


Isn't she wonderful? Stevie Wonder wasn't singing about a ribbon, but one hour or so after picking up my quilts, I was dancing like a fool at home celebrating that pretty thing stuck to Calico Garden :)

I was so surprised! I didn't see that one coming. I actually had to ask the lady who handed me the quilts whether it was a first prize. I think she probably thought I was either color blind or daft. It took a while to sink in, and in a way, it still hasn't. It was twice as sweet, because I think for the first time I felt as if finally, the reproduction work is getting appreciated and awarded.

My mini didn't get anything, which I totally expected. Maybe next time.


Maravillosa, no? Stevie Wonder no estaba cantando sobre floripondios, pero cuando llegué a casa después de recogerla, me dio por bailar como una boba para celebrar el floripondio que ganó el Calico Garden :)

Me soprendió muchísimo. No lo esperaba. De hecho le tuve que preguntar a la señora que me los entregó si era el primer premio. La pobre mujer debió pensar que o era boba o ciega para distinguir colores. Todavía no me lo creo. Ha sido una victoria doble, porque por primera vez he sentido que por fín se aprecia el trabajo de reproducción en esta zona.

El mini no ganó nada. Lo esperaba. Quizá la próxima vez tenga suerte.

3 Comments:

Blogger la tieta Rosa said...

Muchas felicidades, no solo vas a conseguir que se aprecien las reproducciones en esa zona, si no además consigues que las que estamos a tu lado las amemos igual que tu lo haces.
Felicitats
Rosa

3:09 AM  
Blogger la tieta Rosa said...

Muchas felicidades, no solo vas a conseguir que se aprecien las reproducciones en esa zona, si no además consigues que las que estamos a tu lado las amemos igual que tu lo haces.
Felicitats
Rosa

3:10 AM  
Blogger mitas said...

me siento como si hubiese ganado yo el floripondio ;-))
Mujer de poca fe, ves como todas teniamos razon y lo has ganado?
ahora a esperar el proximo concurso y seguro que ganas algo con el mini.
petonets

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home