The Lives And Times Of A Quilter's Cats

Random thoughts of three or four cats and I about the importance of wearing slippers if you happen to share your home with a quiltmaker who drops pins, and other similar and related nonsense, from fabric to gardening and of course, about the cats who inspire all this madness. En inglés y en español.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Of Breadmaking

I'm so proud of myself tonight! My first attempt ever at making bread without the bread machine that didn't go flop! I made a loaf of challah bread, the recipe I used is here, and it turned out fantastic. I braided it using six dough ropes instead of three. Isn't it pretty?
The house smells so good right now, it's taking all my willpower not to cut into it straight away. It took most all night waiting for the dough to raise, but I think it was well worth it.

Estoy tan orgullosa esta noche! Mi primer intento de hacer pan sin la máquina que ha salido de foto! He hecho un pan "challah". La receta que he usado está aquí. He hecho una trenza con seis cabos en vez de tres. A que está guapo? :)
La casa huele a gloria ahora mismo y me está costando sudores no cortarlo y probarlo antes de que se enfrie. He tardado casi toda la tarde en hacerlo, porque tarda mucho en subir, pero viendo el resultado, digo yo que ha merecido la pena.

6 Comments:

Blogger violetazul said...

Espectacular!!!!
Te ha quedado precioso, y no te voy a decir la pinta que tiene!!!
Debe oler a gloria.. mmmmmm
Y yo que andaba sin desayunar..
Enhorabuena!!!
Besos

12:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... casi, casi, puedo olerlo !!!. Mmmmm, que rico !!!

4:57 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Beautiful loaf - you did well! Breadmaking is one of the most satisfying occupations - right up there with quilting! I used to make all our bread years ago when I was home with small children. There is nothing better for working out frustrations than kneading dough.

5:43 AM  
Blogger la tieta Rosa said...

María!!!! tiene que estar buenísimo!!!
yo quiero!!!!!

6:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Se vé para chuparse los bigotes !!!!!
Will try it this weekend !!!!!

7:29 AM  
Blogger mitas said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm, se me han ido los ojos cuando lo he visto, esta diciendo a gritos comeeeeemmmmeeee, lastima estes tan lejos pues sino iba a merendar a tu casa

petonets Mitas

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home