The Lives And Times Of A Quilter's Cats

Random thoughts of three or four cats and I about the importance of wearing slippers if you happen to share your home with a quiltmaker who drops pins, and other similar and related nonsense, from fabric to gardening and of course, about the cats who inspire all this madness. En inglés y en español.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Vuelva Usted Mañana


Or a year late and a dollar short: After ONE year, many calls and even an angry letter, I finally got the Nez Perce County Fair Judges' Choice ribbon I was owed since September 2005. About time! Bureaucracy has its privileges, I guess. Now it can sit with the others, at last and hopefully have a new companion come the end of September :) I also got the fair booklet and the categories and awards for quilting appear to stand the same as last year. I'll have to dig out last year's book and compare.

On the happy front, many hours of trimming later, I layered the quilt yesterday. I wish I would have had the time to thread baste it, but considering the deadline, all I could do was safety-pin it and start quilting. I'm happy with the batting, it's a little poofy (Hobbs 80-20, preshrunk), but that's all I had at hand. I put about six hours of quilting into it. Once again, because of the time crunch, it won't have as much quilting as I'd like, but I figured I can quilt the minimum and see how much time I have to spare if any to add to it, time allowing. Here it is:


Vuelva usted mañana: es lo mismo en todas partes. Al cabo de un año de espera, llamadas telefónicas y hasta una carta chorreando mala leche, la feria del condado de Nez Perce se ha dignado darme el floripondio que me debían desde septiembre del año pasado. Ya está en la pared con las otras esperando que, con un poco de suerte, venga otro a finales de Septiembre a hacerle compañía :) También recibí el folleto de la feria de este año. Según parece, las categorías y premios son los mismos del año pasado. Tendré que mirar el folleto del año pasado para asegurarme.

Y las buenas noticias, después de horas y horas de recortar costuras, ayer por la tarde preparé el quilt para acolchar. Me hubiese gustado tener más tiempo para hilvanarlo con hilo, pero al final solamente le puse alfileres imperdibles. Estuve acolchando unas seis horas. De momento bien. Estoy usando Hobbs 80-20, encogido de antemano. No voy a tener tiempo de acolcharlo tanto como quisiera, pero lo que he decidido hacer es acolchar lo mínimo y añadir si me queda tiempo.

6 Comments:

Blogger TiempoSoria said...

Si "Rosa de los Vientos" no se llevaba el floripondio azul me conformo ser ese pajarraco grande
:-))

11:44 PM  
Blogger luzblue said...

Tienes un premio por tu quilt? Vaya, eso es genial, y por lo que veo vas a participar de nuevo. Mucha suerte, es precioso, seguro que ganas de nuevo.
El acolchado lo haces a mano?.
Perdona tanta pregunta, pero es que estoy fascinada con tus trabajos.

12:49 AM  
Blogger SheMeows said...

Karin, gracias :) Esperemos que no te tengas que disfrazar de pajarraco amarillo! Y luzblue, sí, acolcho a mano y la mayoría de las veces también los coso a mano. El premio es para Calico Garden, del 2005 que ganó tres, pero como están tan bien organizados, me debían el rosetón que ves en la foto (el pequeño premio en metálico si me lo habían dado).

6:52 AM  
Blogger la tieta Rosa said...

Pues ves preparandote porque seguro que este año vuelves a ganar ;-)

10:34 AM  
Blogger Patti said...

Your Mariners Compass quilt is just wonderful! I've finally had a chance to read all the way through your blog and get to know you just a little better. Your kitties are precious! You love the same things I do - Civil War fabrics. I have enough fabric for three lifetimes, but I just can't resist these wonderful reproductions coming on the market now. I have three bolts of fabric - red, yellow and green - that look very similar to the fabrics in your quilt. I still don't know what special quilt I'll make with them.

7:08 PM  
Blogger violetazul said...

Desde el año pasado??? seguramente esperaban que el floripondio llegara a tu casa solito!!!
que barbaridad!!!
Este año, que habrá premio segurito, exígeles que te lo den sobre la marcha!!!
Acolchando ya?? ya refrescó por ahí???
Besos

4:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home