The Lives And Times Of A Quilter's Cats

Random thoughts of three or four cats and I about the importance of wearing slippers if you happen to share your home with a quiltmaker who drops pins, and other similar and related nonsense, from fabric to gardening and of course, about the cats who inspire all this madness. En inglés y en español.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

We Agree That We Don't Agree (And What A Good Thing That Is!)


There was no consensus, part of what makes quilting so much fun. So, yesterday, not being able to sew any more, because everything was sewn, I had to make up my mind. Tossing a coin was a split second away from happening too :)

At last, I decided to go with the green. I made enough for one side to see the effect and even though they are only pinned on the picture, they are already sewn. I'll be sewing more today and hopefully, come Sunday, I'll be grading seams and layering this baby. I'm hoping that by then, the smoke from the forest fires will have cleared up so I can sit outside while grading. The mess from the slivers of fabric is unbelievable when they fall on carpeting! If that's the case, I am fairly sure I'll have two helpers willing to lend a paw:


Pues no nos pusimos todos de acuerdo. Es parte de lo que hace que acolchar sea tan creativo. Asi que ayer no tuve más remedio que tomar una decisión, aunque seguía sin poder decidirme, se me habian terminado las costuras y por fín decidí usar las verdes (aunque estuve a un segundo de decidir a cara o cruz).

Preparé las suficientes para un lado, para ver el efecto y me gusta. En la foto están sujetas solo con alfileres, pero por la tarde las cosí. Entre hoy y mañana intentaré coser el resto y el domingo si Dios quiere y el humo aclara un poco, me sentaré fuera a recortar las costuras. Los hilitos y recortes se pegan a la moqueta y no hay manera de quitarlos, así que es mejor hacerlo fuera. Seguro que tendré por lo menos dos ayudantes para que me echen una "pata" con el trabajo.

2 Comments:

Blogger la tieta Rosa said...

Hagas lo que hagas estoy segura que me va a gustar, siempre me encanta lo que haces, soy tu fan number one ;-)

3:37 PM  
Blogger SheMeows said...

Y por eso éste se va a llamar Rosa De Los Vientos, así, en castellano :)

Gracias guapa!

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home