The Lives And Times Of A Quilter's Cats

Random thoughts of three or four cats and I about the importance of wearing slippers if you happen to share your home with a quiltmaker who drops pins, and other similar and related nonsense, from fabric to gardening and of course, about the cats who inspire all this madness. En inglés y en español.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Language Of Flowers


"For you alone my glances are,"
the heliotrope will always say.
"I will not love you while I live,"
the basil flower is known to say.
The violet says, "I'm very shy,"
"My nature is cold," says the white rose;
The jasmine says "Have faith in me";
"Impassioned!" the carnation cries.

Doña Rosita, The Spinster Or The Language Of The Flowers, Federico García Lorca

If you'd like to know what your garden is telling you, according to Victorian wisdom, click here. My little flower garden seems to send mixed messages.


"Sólo en ti pongo mis ojos",el heliotropo expresaba.
"No te querré mientras viva",dice la flor de la albahaca.
"Soy tímida", la violeta.
"Soy fría", la rosa blanca.
Dice el jazmín: "Seré fiel";
y el clavel: "¡Apasionada!"

Doña Rosita La Soltera O El Lenguaje De Las Flores, Federico García Lorca

Si quieres saber lo que dicen las flores de tu jardín o tu terraza, haz click aquí. Mi mini-jardín parece tener mensajes contradíctorios!.


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

... pues mi pequeño jardín ( bueno, mis dos jardineras, para qué voy a exagerar....), está lleno de pulgón del geranio.... espero que el tratamiento surja efecto a lo largo de esta semana...
Las tuyas son preciosas, a pesar de mandarte mensajes contradictorios; bueno, al fin y al cabo como la vida misma ;-D

10:32 PM  
Blogger Patti said...

I first heard about the language of flowers in 1989 when I bought my first book about Baltimore Album quilts and how the language of flowers was used in them. Elly Sienkiewicz's first book was called "Spoken Without a Word" - it talked about this in detail. I found it absolutely fascinating!

8:46 PM  
Blogger violetazul said...

Y esas son las flores de tu jardín????
Yo sueño con un jardincito con un trocito de huerta.. Espero pasar mi jubilación así, sentada delante de las flores con un quilt y viendo que me dicen.
Besos

6:50 AM  
Blogger la tieta Rosa said...

y las hortensias?????
faltan ellas no???
aunque a miles de kilometros, son de tu jardin!!!

Yo este año no tengo tiempo para cuidar mi terraza :-( y la tengo fatal!!!
Lo justito para regar, pero nada de plantar nuevas flores, quiero poner lavanda este fin de semana, aunque no sé si es el tiempo.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home