The Lives And Times Of A Quilter's Cats

Random thoughts of three or four cats and I about the importance of wearing slippers if you happen to share your home with a quiltmaker who drops pins, and other similar and related nonsense, from fabric to gardening and of course, about the cats who inspire all this madness. En inglés y en español.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Quilting Nightmares


And on the other hand, I had to take pictures of a hand quilting nightmare, the mini I did last year. Because of the seams, even after grading them, it was very hard to quilt it consistently and to achieve even stitches.
Y aquí van las de una pesadilla de acolchado a mano. El mini que hice el año pasado. Con tantas costuras, y a pesar de haberlas recortado, me costó muchísimo acolcharlo por igual y que me quedasen las puntadas medio decentes.

A close up of the corner. I did the best I could, but the stitch quality is poor. I loved doing the Baptist Fans on the border, though. The only area I could quilt without cussing outloud!


Una foto de cerca de una esquina. Lo hice lo mejor que pude, pero la calidad de las puntadas es pobre. Me gustó mucho acolchar con el motivo Baptist Fans los bordes. Fué la única zona donde pude acolchar sin decir palabrotas en alto!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Carmiña said...

Hola, te ha quedado muy bonito, me has hecho reir, no has dicho palabrotas en alto, lo cual no quita que no las hayas pensado.
Por detrás el guateado muy junto se ve muy bonito dan ganas de pasar las manos.
Saludos.

1:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home