The Lives And Times Of A Quilter's Cats

Random thoughts of three or four cats and I about the importance of wearing slippers if you happen to share your home with a quiltmaker who drops pins, and other similar and related nonsense, from fabric to gardening and of course, about the cats who inspire all this madness. En inglés y en español.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

Monday, April 23, 2007

Spring Is Springing (Slowly)

Stunty had to take a break the other day from his new favorite sport, chasing and trying to catch bubbles. When I am not available to blow bubbles, he keeps busy fending off his brother's attacks.
Spring is taking its sweet time this year, but in spite of the coldish nights, days are warming up slowly but surely. I did a little planting during the weekend, some pansies, a couple dahlias and a few tomatoes and swiss chard.

On the quilting front, the red quilt is nearly finished. I'm quilting a cable border, three sides are done, one to go. To give myself and my fingers a break from it, I've taken an old cross stitch project out: a Scottish style sampler I started back in either 1995 or 96 (I admit, it could as easily be 1992 :) I had to rip out a row, I had been dreading it, but now that it is done and I've started it over, it feels as if I could have it done before the end of the century (maybe, with a little luck).
Stunty descansando el otro dia después de una sesión de juego con pompas de jabón, su nuevo deporte preferido. Cuando no estoy a mano para hacer las pompas, se entretiene intentando ponerse a salvo de los ataques de su hermano.
La primavera nos está llegando despacio. Las noches siguen frias, pero los dias van templando. El fin de semana planté unos pensamientos, dalias y tomates y acelgas.
En lo relativo a labores, sigo acolchando el quilt rojo. Ya tengo tres bordes terminados. Estoy usando un cable para el último borde. Y para dejar descansar los dedos, lo estoy alternando con un proyecto de punto de cruz que empecé, creo en el año 95 o 96 (aunque pensando, puede que fuera en el 92 :). Es un sampler de estilo escocés. Me equivoqué hace años, y por fin deshice la fila que estaba mal hecha y quizá con un poco de paciencia y suerte lo tenga terminado antes del final del siglo!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Xinapatch said...

Me encantan los samplers antiguos!!! Cuál es el quilt rojo???

2:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH!que c'est beau...in english it's
si lovely

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH!que c'est beau...in english it's
si lovely

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home