The Lives And Times Of A Quilter's Cats

Random thoughts of three or four cats and I about the importance of wearing slippers if you happen to share your home with a quiltmaker who drops pins, and other similar and related nonsense, from fabric to gardening and of course, about the cats who inspire all this madness. En inglés y en español.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Idaho, United States

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's Not A Quilt Until It's Quilted

It really blows my mind every time, after all these years... tops can be beautiful, but once they start being quilted, even the simplest of blocks become amazing things. Every time I quilt a top, I fall in love with the process all over again.


Después de tantos años haciendo edredones, todavía me enamoro del acolchado cada vez que veo un top convertirse en quilt. Hasta los bloques más sencillos de un top se convierten en algo maravilloso cuando se acolchan.


Here is the progress so far. I'm using a new batting I had never used before: Fairfield 80/20. I like the way it needles and the flat appearance. I hope it washes well. It's supposed to shrink a little when first washed.


Aquí está la foto de los avances en el acolchado. Estoy usando una guata que no había usado antes, es Fairfield 80/20. Se trabaja muy bien, y me gusta porque queda muy plana. Espero que lave bien. Se supone que encogerá un poco en el primer lavado.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger la tieta Rosa said...

pero como no se va a enamorar alguien al ver tus quilts? si es que alcochas igual que los angeles!

4:04 AM  
Blogger violetazul said...

Estoy con Rosa, tu acolchado es espectacular!!!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

.... me gustaría alguna vez verlo en directo.... ves???, es una cosa que yo nunca podré llegar a hacer. El acolchado y yo vivimos vidas paralelas y no nos sabemos encontrar jajajaj !!!!

10:22 PM  
Blogger mitas said...

¡Caramba! casi lo tienes ya hecho, eres una "machine" esta quedando fantástico (como siempre)¿como van los dedos?

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home